Thursday, 27 December 2007

I eat salt fish

To those who are uninitiated in the delights of salt fish, may I relate to you all that it is possibly my favourite dish on the planet. There is nothing so succulent as the taste of these delicacies. They can be made from any species of fish and generally are found salted in the same way across virtually all parts of the globe.

But that is where the similarities end. For each piece of salt fish brings with it a tingle to the taste buds that the last piece cannot match. The reactions to each touch of the tongue is both sensuous as well as fulfilling to all involved. Maybe it is because I am a man of the tropics or maybe it is the way I just am on the inside, but to me, breakfast, lunch, dinner, midnight snack or roadside halt, nothing is as wonderful to me as a piece of tasty salt fish.

No comments: