Tuesday, 15 January 2008

The DJ Bites the Deck

Ouch, that first hour on nusound was a bit rough, but the second hour smoothed out a bit. Remember, it is not like Frasier. There is no sexy chick called 'Roz' to smoothly let me broadcast. I am a DJ and a Producer at once. So while you will brick it on your first day, you actually get to learn a hell of a lot. Basically, I control the news, the ads, what I want to play, what I want to say, how long the songs are, even the little voice that states 'NuSound Radio, 92FM!'

Someone like me, can easily get used to that much power over the airwaves of East London. Hopefully next week will be a little bit smoother on the productions side so after that I should then be able to concentrate more on the DJ-ing aspect. That's getting out the tunes and the banter and hopefully of the controls will become second nature to me.

And next week's show will be...

Well, despite my 'blah' I hope you got the thread in this week's show. And I hope you liked the blend. I do not try to make the music too heavy and try to include a little bit of everything.

Oh, and if there is a particular film that you like the music for then drop me a comment and tell me what the film is, which song and if it is not in Tamil or Hindi, where I can get the film and /or the song from. You see, in London the Tamil and Hindi films are well stocked, but the rest of the languages are not so good.

Movies and Music - 5-7pm, every Sunday.

No comments: