Saturday, 5 January 2008

Paid to write my own words - it begins...

Yesterday, my first ever paid article was published, with my name as the author. And it made the front page. Alongside the American Primaries and the troubles in Pakistan, that is one fantastic achievement.

Now, yes, I have had work published before under my own name both on the internet and in hard copies of the press. Also, I have been working as a ghost writer and so 2007 was the first year that I have got paid for my writings. But OhmyNews has given me this very significant first. It may not be a source to riches, it may not even be a source to fame, but what the hell, I am being paid to publish MY work!

It gets better, but I want it quicker!

Yes, I have a big head and yes, I have a lot of pride. But it has taken one hell of a struggle just to come this far. And for a writer, there is something beautiful in actually seeing your own words, published with your name attached and then receiving a little piece of cash by the end of it. Trust me on this.

So thanks to those behind the movement of Citizen Journalism and thanks to all that have read, helped and commented so far.

So go on, view a piece of brilliance

The Article

No comments: