Sunday, 28 December 2008

Rock and Roll!

Today I am having a lot of fun. Despite the fact there is less than five hours to go until I have to fill out two hours of FM airtime, I am still planning a playlist to delight and shock the world in its variety and entertainment value. And this week, in a very different change of tack from the last year, and by special request, this will be a show encompassing the great and good of the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's. So hold on for a bit of Rock & Roll, Sweet Soul Music, Psychedelia and groovy tunes on the Movies and Music Show from 5pm tonight!

4 comments:

Asad said...

Man, I can't believe that I missed this :( I hope that you played some good old-fashioned prog rock a la Captain Beefheart...

El Maestro said...

Beefheart did some great stuff - I've always wanted to do a cover of "Im Gonna Boogalize you, Baby"... That and "Village of the Sun" by Zappa...

Asad said...

That he did...will never forget the version of 'Upon the My Oh My' back on TOGWT...those are the kind of hand gestures that no one can realistically argue with...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=21voUGVzym4

el director! said...

guys it was two hours of pure funkiness, live on the FM dial. i can't believe i actually got to play 'rock the casbah' which was so cool!