Saturday, 21 February 2009

Just a Quickie

It fascinated me, this project:

New City for Lagos.

Go on click, it is worthwhile.

For those not in the know, Lagos will probably overtake Cairo as Africa's biggest city in the next decade or so. Absolutely fascinating, but does anyone else feel that Nigeria has been a wasted opportunity? To quote, it is an African story. All those resources matched by a rife corruption. For me, Nigeria is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, but also one of Africa's wasted moments.

And this project. It fascinates me. I would like to think it would do something for the millions in Nigeria. Sadly, with the track record of Nigeria, I have little hope.

2 comments:

Asad said...

I fear this project will do little more than bring Docklands to Lagos. Interestingly, though, Nigeria is still booming, in part because (almost unbelievably) their banking sector is much more tightly regulated than the UK's...uh-oh...

el director! said...

anyone's banking system is more stable than ours!