Sunday, 15 February 2009

Spring is here...

The last few shifts have occurred during the late evenings rather than through the night. Which is why this morning's cycle ride home was quite a shock to the senses.

As a (predominately) night worker, I get to see the passing of the seasons befroe anyone else. And so, I can now say that spring is on its way. How come? Well, tonight being the first 'mild' night since December could go someway to pointing the direction to spring, but one day does not make a season and we are not through February yet!

Secondly, there are no buds on the trees yet (which has thankfully meant no hay fever). Yes there are a few birds singing in the morning, but nothing to chirp wildly about.

But there is one definite factor that tells me Spring is on its way: daylight. This morning was the first time in over three months that I cycled back home in daylight. Granted, I had a late finish, but still, Spring is on the way...

3 comments:

Azam Marketing said...

I'd like to think spring was around the corner, but Britain is a country with four seasons: winter, winter, winter and winter.

When the Roman soldiers in Gaul were told they would have to cross the channel to conquer England, they said they didn't want to come because they'd heard the weather was so abysmal.

Currently pouring it down with rain as I write this!

Asad said...

I don't mind the rain so much, but anything below about 7 degrees celsius and I start to pine for the Sardinian coast...not that I've been there...

el director! said...

it's here, i swear! just feel the sun glistening on your body!