Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Tax needn't be Taxing...

This year we had the gorgeous Moira Stuart (believe it or not, she's something like 60!) telling us about the deadlines of when to fill in the tax and I manaed to get mine in before the end of January and found out that I was due for a rebate! Shocking, especially as one sh**ty job forgot to tax me. (how the f**k does that happen in this country?)

Anyway, with the rebate now safely in the bank, it is up to me to help the British economy by spending my rebate in British shops. Well, no. Although I am grateful for HMRC's refund, I will be saving most of that money for my holiday to India this year. Why support a failing power that cannot deal with a little snow when I can support a growing superpower that cannot deal with a monsoon?

All right, I will not be such a spoilsport. I will allow myself two things from my tax rebate. First, I will buy a new pair of jeans. Nothing too flash, but I will treat myself to a pair of funky jeans, something else to cover my posterior. Anyway, why not treat myself? It is the least I can do after the hair-loosing trials that was self assessment.

Tax needn't be taxing...bo**ocks!

And the second thing I will treat myself too...hmm, I don't know. I'm not the greatest supporter of the economy, but something will turn up!

No comments: