Thursday, 26 March 2009

Twitter – my new obsession?

Okay, so I 'spectacularly' gave up Facebook at the beginning of February and have not looked back since. My social life has not changed. In fact, I have got a little more sociable, but that is probably due to Spring finally kicking in on this weather forsaken isle. However, it is not as if I was completely alone from everyone while surfing the web. Yes, that is right, Twitter has taken over my online obsession. In fact during March, my Twitter updates shot through the roof (but that could also be due to the fact that there are other people twittering through the same account). And unlike many, I jumped on this bandwagon last year, before any of this celebrity nonsense hit twitter!



Interestingly (from a tech P.O.V.), not all my tweet posts come through twitter itself. As you can see from the pic, there are updates via various tools including the TwitterBar, TwitterFox and TwitterFeed as well as regularly signing in and saying something quite useless via my twitter homepage. And that little Twitterfeed links into both my blog, the CWP Blog and CWP's video feed. In other words, it does my updating without me even having to lift a finger, or copy and paste, ideally allowing me to procrastinate even more!

Twitter is this year's facebook. We will laugh with it, spend far too much time admiring it and pimping up our twitter statuses, only to flee when the next big thing that comes along. We will pretend to love the people we follow, while actually ignoring what they say, only to revel in our own self importance. Whether or not I will reluctantly hold onto it like I do with myspace, enjoy it like I do with my blog or just come to regard it as a menace like Gimpbook, is something for the seers to predict...

2 comments:

Asad said...

10 to 1 that CMD ditches Twitter within 18 months...okay, a cup of coffee...with dessert...assuming dessert still exists within 18 months...

el director! said...

i'll give you better odds than that!