Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Tuesday was too busy, I'm taking today off!

Today has been a night off work. Not that this has really meant much. Spent the morning washing out the wheelie bins. It's summer, the stuf stinks and I do not want an infestation of maggots. Other handy bits of housework included repairing that tear in the shed roof (hopefully should last this winter) as well as securing the pipe that feeds gas to our fireplace against the wall.

But it was very much a CWP day too! Oh yes, this was multitasking at its best. Re-did the subtitles to Jay and Kay Save the World but also got lost in translation and produced a version with French subtitles. Oui, the whole point is to expand 'l'horizons' and venture into new film festival territory. Like all things involving computers, this went as smoothly as a residential road in South London. Littered with pot holes and glass. Rendering, re-rendering, finding out I had a spelling mistake in the ENGLISH SUBTITLES!!! Man, I am fed up of this computer. But finally, I managed to burn a decent copy of the DVD, with a nice little menu option (slight improvement on the original) as well as aligning my subtitles nicely so that even on a small TV set, they won't get chopped off.

But, I am very much switching off this computer tomorrow. After all, I need to get my hands on a saw...

2 comments:

magiceye said...

cheers! :)

Asad said...

Mais oui, c'est 'Caution Wet Paint...un film d'angleterre...oui, Monsieur Duke, il est tres mechante...