Sunday, 13 September 2009

'Uncle'

It's fun talking with my uncles. All three of them (one on my dad's side, two on my mum's). They are all very cool in their own unique ways.

Uncle one is getting quite elderly but seems to be stuck in the hippie era, in a good way. Despite living in a war zone, he has a fresh demeanor, everytime I chat with him, he is always 'all right', taking life in is stride and defying medical advice to live well beyond any of his siblings' years. He is the master of everything that is cool, since I was a child he has had these easy going attitude and even in his advanced years, his relaxed look at life keeps him surprisingly fit ad nimble. A practitioner of yoga, and a man who takes regular exercise, uncle number one is a very cool person.

Uncle number two is on the otherside of humanity as far as stress goes. He is someone who has been through it all, and survived and thrived to tell the tale. A very successful person in his business life, he has had to learn things the hard way. Again very cool, always caring, and he makes me smile when he gets stressed. I have learned over the years not to take notice, and so have the other people close to him. I admire him a lot for what he has done with himself, and he serves as an inspiration for me.

Uncle number three is again, a very cool person. There is no-one else I know who is as likeable as him. He has certain charisma about him that people automatically hit it off with him. Wherever they are from in the world, whatever the time, this uncle is the person that you want to know. But, he does not take advantage of this. Generous in spirit, it is always easy to get on with him. The rest of the family all agree with me when I said that no matter who you are, you will automatically get along with him, such is his great persona.

All three of my uncles are fun people, and I have been close to them since my childhood. Although I have grown up, I still get on with them, as easily as when I was young. I will also listen to what they say - surprising, as I rarely listen to anyone. My uncles are very cool people, and they have brought a lot of joy into my life. And, surprisingly, I will take the time out for them. No matter what. That says a lot about my uncles...

2 comments:

magiceye said...

cool..!! :)

Asad said...

Lucky man...you seem to have a large collection of agreeable relatives...