Sunday, 14 February 2010

(No) Mi Gustas (7)

I don't like Valentine's...



Yeah.

Just like Halloween, a perfectly obscure festival has been hi-jacked by faceless corporations in an effort to make us spend money. Instead of eggs and tacky pieces of plastic, now it is worthless cards, limp flowers picked by slaves in Schiphol in more awful chocolate to binge on after Christmas. Honestly, I have never seen a more perfectly targeted festivity as Valentine's Day. You can target the biggest mass demographic available to corporations (women), build on their insecurities (he hates you) and manipulate a whole segment of society (men) to spend money which they don't have (make this good or there is no sex for the rest of the year).

And because my radio show is on Valentine's Day this year, I'm doing a one-off love special...I'll be vomiting on air from 5pm...

2 comments:

magiceye said...

hahaha

el director! said...

i laugh more at the dummies who spend on valentines!