Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Saath London

I am sure I have blogged about this before, but there is one thing I do not like about living in South London and that is the difficulty of getting from A to Z this side of the river.

I had to cross the expanse south of the Thames last night in order to eat out with family. Over an hour. A bloody hour to do only 20 miles! Now do not even attempt to tell me that I could use public transport. Coming back well past midnight meant that would be a mission of untold proportions. And so it was by car. Of course the South Circular is next to useless so I had to meander my way through some of the more famed South London dumps.

Clapham. Herne Hill. Streatham.

I rest my case.

I hopefully do not have to do another drive like that in a while. With winter having rotted through all the roads, plus Thames Water deciding to dig for profits means that getting around, without a tube network is an abomination.

And this is a world class city(!)

---

(The food was not bad though...)

2 comments:

magiceye said...

urban woes!

Asad said...

I'll e-mail you on this one...