Saturday, 19 June 2010

On Set - learning the curve

'Irfan' was the first time that I properly organised a crew to come on board. These were not people I had worked with previously and so this was going to be a brand new test on my directing abilities.

And to be blunt it was a huge challenge. Taking control not only of actors but of a DP, Gaffer, a Sound Engineer and an Assistant Director. But it gave a beautiful result. I have ever made a film that has looked so beautiful. Added to that the use of fantastic locations and it was one hell of a mad shoot



There are a lot of lessons I will take from this set. In the future, I will be using a full crew. The good things I will retain and the mistakes I will rectify. But this was a brilliant way to learn how to make films. Now, I must be able to balance my style of film making with the way the rest of the world does things!

No comments: