Friday, 2 July 2010

Words from the Wise?

Wisdom comes in all shapes and forms. I would like to think that I am a little wiser than say five years ago. Probably not, but unlike five years ago, I now realise I have a lot more to learn even though I have experienced a few things in my brief stay on Planet London.

We are all scheming beings, that is in our nature. Rambling along, trying to get the most out of life for the least effort put in (So we can spend our spare time whacking off on the internet). But for all our plots and plans, things still stay the same.

Madness takes over the heart when you catch the glimpse of someone's eye. Junkies will spit at each other on the street. And traffic will always abound throughout the city. So goes the saying, the more things change, the more things stay the same.

So, as the year passes, time to give a quick glance behind and see where the madness of life has taken me so far. I have not beaten up half the city to get a friend out of jail, I have not gone bungee jumping nor have I had an interlude which could lead to something more than just a fling. Disappointing I know, but on the plus side, the paltry earnings that I make is actually quite rosy. I have been both spending and saving like a drunkard, and why not. I deserve it...

Funny though, how cash came at the bottom of the list of 'priorities' to measure myself by. Of course money is important to live, but you never remember a great bank statement or the last time you went shoe shopping. I guess those things rarely makes anyone happy. Life seemed to matter more. The life that we lead, the life to lead and the life we are leading...

People come, people go, people remain. Usually, I am the one dong the to-ing and fro-ing, but sometimes, you realise that you will miss a few people. While there is always a hope that you may meet again, such is life in this metropolis, in this lifetime, that we rarely see each other again. Old friends fall by the wayside, enemies become entrenched, and the journey that we had no choice in beginning, still pulls us through to the ultimate destination.

Oh well, will go on and see what the world has to offer. Must also think about getting a holiday planned somewhere soon. I think you all know where that could be...

2 comments:

magiceye said...

mumbai?

el director! said...

@magiceye - until 24 hours ago, mumbai would have probably been it. but something's come up...