Monday, 8 November 2010

Famiy Times in Sri Lanka

So as I look back with great fondness on my trip to Sri Lanka, it is also twinged with a bit of sadness. It will probably be another four years until I return to its shores, such is the lag time between journeys to see the family. Remember, I also have a huge family on my mother's side who live in Seychelles, which means that my next family trip must be to another side of the Indian Ocean.


(Pomegranate in my Uncle's Garden)

You see that's the thing about me, two families on two islands means that the next time that I visit either my Father's family in Sri Lanka or my Mother's family in Seychelles, a lot of changes will occur.


(Grandparents' Coat of Arms in my Cousin's House)

But it was a good holiday. Brief. Too brief, but still managed to see everyone and everything that was necessary. The next time I visit, the world would have changed, so would the nation and so would my family. Even I might be in a very different place. I look forward to my next visit to Sri Lanka, hopefully sooner rather than later...


(Krishna and Radha at another cousin's house - and painted by her!)

2 comments:

magiceye said...

that is a lovely painting!

el director! said...

@magiceye - my cousin did it herself! she is a respected artist in Jaffna! We are quite an artistic family ;)