Friday, 7 January 2011

It has been a few days...

...and so I am back. To be honest, I just wanted to switch off from all things computerised. I went out, to the movies, and just chilled out for a while. 2010 has been one hell of a year for me. A busy one. 2011 will be the same, but I hope it is a good busy, like 2010 was. Irfan has been the big project for the year and now that the production has finished, I decided to breathe, to exhale, just for a little.

Anyway, what will 2011 hold for all and for myself? I do not know. Hey, if I did, I would not be making films, but playing the lottery - every day of the week! But as I am not the gambling type...

I have booked my first holiday of the year! To Poland (and Germany for a few hours before, as that is where my flight lands). Poland will be country number 33 on the list, and a continuation of my discovery of the new Europe last year. Take a look back at my travels in both Hungary and Romania, there are a few good posts there...this time my travels are a little more concentrated within the country. I do not plan to waltz from capital city to capital city, but bumble along the southa nd west of Poland, its cultural arc' for want of a better word. From Berlin, I plan a trip to Zielona Gora then onto Wroclaw, Opople before ending up in one of Europe's most beautiful cities, Krakow.

But in the meantime, I have a fair few things to do before I head off. First of all, I have to set up Irfan for distribution. That means getting press packs, trailers and other paraphernalia ready. Next, it is edit some web episodes for a new web series I want to pursue. Finally, write. I have a lot of that to do, as projects are lining up for shooting this year. 2010 wa a good year, let us hope 2011 becomes a great one!

2 comments:

magiceye said...

best wishes!
have fun!

Asad said...

Forza Carlos! I was getting worried for a moment there...