Wednesday, 26 January 2011

London Diary 40

Life...takes an unexpected turn at every corner.

One day you are a stud, the next you are nothing, sitting alone in a darkened room, with a hood on your head fearing the crashing down of the doorway.

Kicking legs as a baby, or kicking in someone lying in a street, one minute you are powerless, the next you have it all in your hands.

Life swings from one day to the next, never becoming the same thing twice, for routine is the acceptance of a slow and painful death, if not in body, then in the soul.

Can you touch your toes, or do those calf muscles pull tightly?

Laughing one minute, crying the next, like self posessed children, with an over inflated sense of self worth.

I am fed up and overjoyed, sometimes for no reason, sometimes for very good reasons but in the greater scheme of things, what it is for, even I cannot pinpoint.

Skipping away I go, rolling back I come. Always journeying, but to the same point, never quite reaching my destination, but still, I know what lies for me at the end.

Ho-hum, ho-hum...such is the beast that lies within, but the spirit of joy, long since departed from myself. Maybe one day I will find it again, if such a thing was ever possessed...

2 comments:

magiceye said...

indeed!

Asad said...

Can we call you the Dalai Duke?