Saturday, 8 January 2011

New Gloves!




I lost my gloves in November on a bus to Heathrow.

(long story, not that interesting)

Anyway, there was a thing called Xmas, and life was busy. So I had put off buying a new pair until this morning. Riding back from work in the relative warmth of Spring,

(in other words, the rain, not snow)

I spied a 24 hour supermarket.

There, amongst the fluorescent lights and the automatic checkouts, where human souls no longer sit and stare blankly into space, were a pair of gloves.

They were woolly, warm, not waterproof.

(you cannot have everything in life, can you?)

But, they were cheap.

(yey!)

So, along with some fruits and some bin liners, I bought them. And now have toasty warm hands when I ride the bicycle!

(the clapped out piece of crap that is...)