Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Let's Adore and Endure Each Other

My previous post contained this picture:



You can read about the creation of the mural here, but for those who want the edited version, it was created by the artist Steve 'ESPO' Powers. No, I do not have a clue who he is, I am not into the modern art scene of London. In a way I wish I was, but, such is life...

But I really like this mural. For me, it is one of the best pieces of street art to be found in the Capital.

London is dotted with artworks. A lot of it is actually quite dull. Sculptures sponsored by the state or fashionable bits of modern art stenciled into the walls, or the ubiquitous TOX 02.

Why do I like 'adore'. Well, maybe it is its message. It resonates with me, the old sentimental sap that I am.

The Shoreditch area is filled with artists and street art is a common sight across this part of London. All the way from the boundaries of The City right up to the Olympic Park is an arc of artistic humming that still throbs within London. It is a fascinating thing, and I might well be paying a visit to this part of town later in the month (should I get the time). But for now, let us simply adore and endure each other...

2 comments:

magiceye said...

would love to see you do a feature on street art of london!

el director! said...

on my 'to do list'