Thursday, 5 May 2011

Bugger - the vote...and the referendum

Okay, so I just voted:



As you can imagine, I voted Yes in the referendum. As for the local elections, my vote was...wasted...I am a bad citizen, but I despise our local bunch of mini-dictators. So I decided to doodle on my ballot paper. Some may say that is a waste, but I did not ave enough information on any of the local candidates to make an informed choice, and I am not loyal to any political party. As my local council is...crap...I thought I would repay the favour, and doodle...

The results will be known in the early hours of Friday morning, but despite the enormity of today's ballot (the referendum that is) I do not expect anything revolutionary. Still, I hope my vote cushioned the defeat of the Yes vote, and at least that will keep some form of political reform alive...

2 comments:

IsarSteve said...

good on yer..!!

but unfortunately there are still far too many frightened backward looking people in the U.K.

Excellence will never be acheived by living in the past ..

el director! said...

@IsarSteve - it is unfortunate that we just did not even attempt to seize this opportunity.

By the by, I have been trying to comment on your blog for ages, but I have been locked out! It seems I need a Wordpres.ORG account, and I only have a .COM one!