Saturday, 30 July 2011

I want my MTV back!



Still on the television theme (see how much of my childhood was wasted) MTV is thirty years old this weekend.

Hurrah!

You can see this article from TIME which tries to pick out the top thirty videos from the past thirty years to have screened over the airwaves.

Personally, I do not agree with a lot of their choices, but I do have an interesting observation. Don't the videos from the 1980's look amazing. And even the videos from the 1990's are pretty cool. But the vids from the Noughties are just plain awful. Go on, check them out. Can you compare anything to Thriller or Sledgehammer with anything made in the past ten years?

As I have said before and will continue to say again, the last ten years in the West have been artistically shite and the next ten years are not really looking that much better...

But one thing, you got to look back at those early videos and think, where did my MTV go? And I want it back!

No comments: