Thursday, 22 December 2011

The Bicycle Diaries - Midwinter 2011



It has not been cold winter. And I have cycled like crazy, but being ill for a couple of weeks earlier this month means that I have not been as active as I wished (hence the patchy blog output this month).

But I got back in the saddle a couple of days ago and it feels great! Beating the Christmas Rush and filling out my lungs with exhaust - hey it is London, so the air is not too fresh. But it does feel great to ride and weave through London and to know it is my own legs doing the work not some internal combustion engine powered by fosilised sea life.

Hopefully the mild winter will hold up, as cycling at this moment is an absolute joy. Bouts of sun and cloud, but no major cold spells. Hell, I was cycling without gloves last night. Mid-winter cycling does not get much better than this!

No comments: