Monday, 6 February 2012

Operation Moonfall - Please Bring Majora's Mask to the 3DS!



Type the word Zelda into the search bar for this blog and you will find a fair few posts on the topic. To say I am a fanboy is accurate. I am a happy Zelda geek, and although I have only played three of the games, the more I get into the series, the more I just want to experience. I think the surrounding fan community is amazing and it makes The Legend of Zelda stand out from other game series that have been created over the years.

And, I will be blunt. The main reason I got a 3DS was to play Ocarina of Time (OOT).

Let me state that last line again.

I only got the 3DS because Ocarina of Time was released onto the system.

You see, I never got to play the game the first time around. Back then in the late 1990's I believed that exams were more important than video games. I regret that decision to this day. So I never got to experience the N64 when it was at the leading edge of video game technology. And then I got distracted by petty drugs and trying to get laid. Both terrible mistakes. I should have stuck to video games, far more sedate. But, as the years passed I learned the error on my ways. And digging up my Gameboy last year was the thin edge of the wedge that got me back to the video game world and to buy a 3DS this year.

And yes, I am thoroughly enjoying playing OOT. It really is the best game I have ever played, and everything else, while brilliant, somehow just never matches up. It is both a blessing and a curse on the Zelda series. Having created the best game ever, Nintendo has won the accolade of accolades. But of course it means that everyone moans about future installments in the Zelda series either saying it is too much like OOT or too different from it. Nintendo can no longer win with the fanboys.

So how about Majora's Mask, the other of the great Zelda titles on the N64? While it may not have won the accolades of its predecessor, it is the natural sequel to Ocarina, and more importantly, it is what so many people want. Hence the start of Operation Moonfall in 2011. To help convince Nintendo to bring Majora's Mask to the 3DS. And while Nintendo have promised something in the pipeline it seems to far away!

I am all for a new Zelda game on the 3DS. I understand that they want to wow audiences with a Zelda title that will help push sales of the system. But why not release Majora's Mask sooner. Always, a Zelda title takes years to develop, and by then, where will I get my Zelda fix from? Master Quest?

So to Zelda fan that happens to stumble upon this blog, then show your support for Moonfall if (shockingly) you have not done so already. The link is below. Anything that may get Nintendo to release this game sooner for the 3DS. How I am waiting!!!

Operation Moonfall.

No comments: